Tiny House, Large Lifestyle!
Tiny homes are popping up across America, captivating people with their novel approach not only to housing but to life. Once considered little more than a charming oddity, the tiny house movement continues to gain momentum among those who thirst for a simpler, “greener,” more meaningful life in the face of societies “more is better” mindset.
This book explores the philosophies behind the tiny house lifestyle, helps you determine whether it’s a good fit for you, and guides you through the transition to a smaller space. For inspiration, you’ll meet tiny house pioneers and hear how they built their dwellings (and their lives) in unconventional, creative and purposeful ways. They’ll invite you in, show you around their cozy abodes, and share lessons they learned along the way.
Inside you’ll find everything you need to design a tiny home of your own:
- Worksheets and exercises to help you home in on your true needs, define personal goals, and develop a tiny house layout that’s just right for you.
- Practical strategies for cutting through the clutter and paring down your possessions.
- Guidance through the world of building codes and zoning laws.
- Design tricks for making the most of every square foot, including multi-function features and ways to maximize vertical space.
- Tours of 11 tiny houses and the unique story behind each.